The Grawlix CMS is a software package that you download from us, upload to your web host, configure … and then your site’s online. Watch this quick video on how it all works, or read the instructions below.
The video’s brief. So here’s everything written out, step by step.
What you’ll need
Hang on — before you begin, make sure your web host meets the requirements. TL;DR — you need a domain name, a server with PHP and MySQL, a simple code editor and a FTP program. It’s not as bad as it sounds. The first three usually come with your web host like Dreamhost, HostGator or Bluehost. Or GoDaddy, if that’s your thing.
What you’ll use
“Firstrun” is the script that sets up the Grawlix CMS. It will prompt you for information including:
- Your database name
- Database host name
- Database username
- Database password
Your web host should provide this information. You’ll also need:
- Your name and email address
- An admin username and password of your choice
- Name of your comic
Got it? Then let’s go.
The actual installation
- FTP the files to your web host
- Go to yoursitename.com/firstrun.php
- Follow the prompts for database and comic info
- Rename “htaccess.txt” to “.htaccess”
- Rename “config.sample.php” to “config.php”
- Delete firstrun.php
Firstrun will ask for the information above as it does its thing. If you run into trouble, ask us for help.